About Us

This website has been created by a team of four Social Work Students whose lived experience and knowledge in outlined below. Our hope is that through this project there will be more attention paid to the importance of transportation in order to support the needs of those who are more vulnerable within the community of Fort Nelson.

Sena

Coming from a small town, I am able to bring a valuable perspective to the team. I am teamwork oriented, and so I work well with the team, and feel I bring a positive energy to group meetings. I am excited to learn from others, and I feel that my teammates bring lots of knowledge to this project, which I am grateful for. I also know how to delegate effectively and so I believe I have done well at helping the team split our work evenly. 

Kelsey

I was born and raised in a large city, however, through some of my experiences I have had the opportunity to work with individuals and families in rural communities. I have seen firsthand the challenges faced for people living in more rural centers and where support might be needed. Being that I don’t have lived experience as someone who has lived in a rural community, I look forward to learning from my team members who have. 

Hunter

Growing up in northeast BC, in the communities of Fort St. John and Fort Nelson, I bring an advantageous perspective to the group with intimate knowledge of the area. Working closely with the abundance of Indigenous communities in the Fort Nelson area, I am aware of the prevalent issues that require addressing. Working as an archaeologist has provided me with the knowledge of generating community proposals, the importance of historical backgrounds, and the ability to work effectively within teams. Recently, I have had an occupation working with nonprofit organizations and working closely with vulnerable populations. 

Chris

I have a connection to Fort Nelson, having spent my early childhood in the area and then moving to the North West, I understand the dynamics of living remotely in rural British Columbia. Having worked in the rural community of Smithers I bring the experience of facilitating dialogue and community forums in a rural area. This has been focused on harm reduction and access to health services in rural and remote communities of the North West.